30 Mar 8 Ways to Build A Personal Brand That Elevates The Best of You & Your Company
A brand that showcases the very best of you is necessary at every level of the organization.
If you are in the beginning stages of your career or in the highest ranking position of the organization, the way you create your brand says a lot about the character of the organization.
Good companies hire good people. Exceptional companies hire exceptional people.
Be exceptional as much for your own brand as for your company.
Because your brand and your company complement one another. As the saying goes, people remember you for your actions.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, and people will never forget how you made them feel.”― Maya Angelou
In the age of juggling multiple jobs and having multiple income streams, thinking about how you present yourself as an overarching brand is critical. You may balance a career, have a consulting side-hustle, be in the early phase of building a following and growing a company.
No matter how much you are doing, there are many ways building your own brand in light of all of these endeavors that can be a win for everyone.
Unless you hit social media quickly and are relevant in the news, building a solid brand takes time. Yet with some strategy, you can achieve to the likes of the most favored CEOs and leaders by being consistent.
Below are some things you can do to build a solid brand:
- Position Your Presence and What You Do – Do what it takes to get the experience you need to establish yourself as having hands-on knowledge in your area of expertise.
- Establish Yourself As a Thought Leader – Another incredibly effective step you can take toward high quality personal branding is to grow yourself as a thought leader. This means putting out high-quality, thought-provoking content that relates to your industry on platforms that make sense, and booking speaking engagements to talk about what is relevant in your industry. This makes you a trusted source who will eventually be considered a sought-after expert by other entrepreneurs and journalists. Imagine, it can all start with a blog!
- Have a Sense of Humor – Laugh. Find a way to reach people through less serious means. This opens up the ability for you to take yourself less seriously and creates an opening for people to relate to you.
- Interact on Social Media – You want to have direct interaction with your people, your customers, aka, your tribe. By producing high-quality, thought-provoking content that relates to your niche, you’re on your way to building relationships that will ultimately grow your know, like, and trust factor. So, take time to engage, like ,and add value to those interacting with you on a regular basis.
- Network – Connecting and increasing your connections are key to growing a high-quality network. They say, “Your network is your net worth,” and this is certainly true regarding your brand. The more quality people you know, the more you will accomplish when you need to grow your brand through speaking, sharing, and promoting affiliate relationships.
- Engage and get involved in topics that matter to you – Truly love what you do, and people will be attracted to your excitement. You’ll grow your brand by getting educated, teaching, and promoting, the very topics that make you tick.
- Contribute to the Greater Good – Find a way to give back. It will relate to who you are as a person, and if you’re part of a larger organization, lend good PR to your company, too.
- Provide Value Above and Beyond – There are countless opportunities to do your best work in all that you do. When you do this without thinking about what you will get in return— giving value above and beyond your scope and for the purpose of helping someone else, your value is the first thing people will think of when your name comes up.